Friday, March 23, 2012

Success!!

I'm sitting at my nephrologist's office. I just got my 4th dose of iron but more importantly, I got the results of my 24-hour urine test & blood work I did Tuesday.

Drum roll please....

After 2 1/2 weeks on Prednisone, and a gluten-free diet... I am down to only 1 GRAM of protein in my urine! (I had 5g before)

I know that means nothing to most but it's REALLY GOOD NEWS for me!!! Dr. B said if it keeps going down, I can start my taper at 6 weeks. I'll have to taper really slowly off the prednisone but the lower the dose, the fewer the side effects. I am so relieved!

5 comments:

Janelle said...

That is awesome! I hope it keeps it up!

Scott and Angie said...

thats so aawesome! look at you go. Nice work! Love ya!

Anonymous said...

Yay!! This just made me smile! So happy for you and so proud of you, my friend!! Thank you for creating this blog so I can check up on you. :). I love you and think of you often. Prayers will continue until you tell me to stop. :). Love ya!!

Linsey said...

Yeah!!! I was thinking about you Alisha while I was at HEB. I kept seeing Gluten-free this and Gluten-free that. I think I even ran across Gluten free cupcakes in the freezer section. This has gotta be hard, but hang in there. You definitely rock!

Matt said...

Wonderful news!