Monday, July 9, 2012

Ten

I made it. As of today, I'm officially at 10mg of prednisone. This is the dose where I'll {hopefully} be able to feel "normal" and loose this weight. I'm lucky that I only gained around 15 lbs. I have big plans to get those lbs off as soon as I get back in town.

I've felt pretty darn good since dropping to 15. I feel more myself & I definitely am less irritable which is nice. I did an ok job of hiding that part but it's nice to not feel irritated so much. I still am rocking the extra blonde facial hair. Really hoping that goes away too.

I'm in Utah right now & my friend who just came & visited me in TX a few weeks ago said she notices a difference in my face; that the "moon face" has gotten a little better. I really haven't been too self-conscious about the weight gain or the moon face or any of the physical changes. Sure, they've been hard at times but I've accepted that they're just part of it all. But I do have to say that I'm looking forward to getting back to my normal self all around.

From here on out, I'll be dropping 2.5mg doses until I'm off this nasty drug. That will come at the end of August. Can't wait!

2 comments:

Holly said...

YAY for 10mg and getting back to your normal self! That is awesome! :)

Storaloppan said...

Woooooohoooo!