Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Strength

I had a follow up with me endocrinologist today.  He's the one that found all the protein in my urine & diagnosed me with with kidney disease.  I like him.  He's a good doc.  We sat down & had a little chat about my thyroid, my kidney disease, my diet, my weight, my plans to have a baby... he suggested I get a bone density test once I'm off prednisone & before I get pregnant.  I thought that was a marvelous idea, especially since I can't take extra calcium while I'm pregnant due to kidney stones.  I got blood drawn & we'll see where my thyroid is at.

Prior to my appointment, I did some lab work at Quest.  Last time I saw Dr. B (kidney doc) she gave me 3 sets of lab sheets, 3 pee jugs & told me to space them over the next few months.  I hadn't done any yet so I figured while I was out, and without the kids, I'd get that done.  I'll find out if I'm spilling any protein (pretty sure I'm not) and where my kidney function is at.  Should get those results on my handy-dandy iPhone app in a few days.  I love technology.

Anyway, that was just a boring-schmoring update on my health.  The exciting news for today (for me) is that at Body Pump tonight, I was able to lift my "normal" weight (normal meaning before I got sick) & even went heavier on squats.  And I survived.  I really experienced muscle weakness as a side effect of the pred.  I didn't realize it would just come back like that.  Kinda crazy- especially considering I haven't done Body Pump since before my trip to Utah.

Now for loosing this weight... I'm starting the big push tomorrow.  That's why I just finished a huge banana split with caramel sauce & hot fudge.  Yum. :)

1 comment:

2 kidney beans said...

Your a busy momma, The weight comes off easy when your exercising, it will be gone before you know it.