Thursday, July 26, 2012

Nervous & Anxious

I am sitting here at the lab waiting to turn in my pee jug. I'm feeling very anxious and scared. And emotional. I really allowed myself to think about what this all might mean for me last night.

If I'm having a relapse, it probably means that, like most people with FSGS who at first respond to pred, I'm steroid dependent. That changes my prognosis. That means more & different immunosuppressant drugs.

I know what this means because of the experiences of my wonderful friends in my FSGS group. I read about their struggles every day with side effects of this disease, side effects of various drugs, drs appointments, trying to grow their family, trying to be good wives, mothers, friends, coworkers... Being so tired, so swollen, so sick. They are my heroes.

I keep trying to tell myself that this is a fluke. I'll be fine. Hoping hoping Hoping.

1 comment:

Holly said...

OMG! Scary! I really really hope the high protein was a fluke and you are ok. :O