Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Relapse update

Yesterday afternoon I did a spot test & there was definitely some protein in my urine.  Then I checked this morning again & there was a little but not much.  I've checked my iPhone app about a million times today & the test results from Thursday's 24-hour test are still not up so I just called Dr. B's office.  The MA told me my protein came in at 572mg.  That's about 40% less than the previous week, so that's good.  But its still too high.  

I upped my prednisone to 20mg.  I'm back on the diuretic every other day because I'm retaining water.  I'll do another 24 hour urine in a couple of weeks so see how I'm responding.  Hopefully that'll be enough to get it back down to below 150mg & then I'll try to wean off again.  

This really really sucks and that's all I have to say about that.

2 comments:

Kim Bird said...

Hang in there girly!xoxo

Whidget said...

BOOO it does really suck! I'm super sorry. If it helps, I told Eli and he said he's sorry too. (I told him your medicine wasn't working and it was going to make you sad.)

xoxox
B