Monday, April 30, 2012

Velvet Betrayal

I'm WAY too depressed about this.


Like SERIOUSLY depressed.

Red Velvet Cake ice cream is what my dreams are made of.  The only place I'd been able to get it before is a place called Maggie Moo's.  It's 20 minutes away from my house & ridiculously expensive. My mother-in-law {who loves me dearly} ordered a Red Velvet Ice Cream Cake from there for my birthday last year.  It was the best present present ever.  Heaven.

I have a pretty serious addiction to ice cream that has been made worse by the Prednisone sugar cravings.  I married into a family that could open their own Blue Bell store - there's usually at LEAST 10 flavors in my in-law's freezer at any given time.  I've seen up to 18.  No other brand is permitted.  We are Blue Bell snobs.  But their chocolate based ice creams ALL have wheat in them.  So I have been consuming large amounts of Happy Tracks, which is vanilla based with LOTS of extra chocolate stuff in it.  It's delicious.

And now... after all of this time.. all of the loyalty... all of the money I've spend on Blue Bell... they tease me with this shiny new flavor; the flavor that my dreams are made of.  Rude.  How freaking rude.  

This is the first time I've truly been depressed about not eating gluten.  

I know its just ice cream to ya'll... but this is like the ultimate temptation.  

Ugh.  

1 comment:

Storaloppan said...

I saw an add for this today and actually started drooling. If you're gonna "cheat", I can't imagine a better reason :)

btw...LOVE your sugar addiction...had the same thing with prednisone...now it's anything salty...popcorn, potato chips..pickles...tomato juice. I swear, I could live off of it...and then proceed to set sail on the ocean from all of the bloat ;)