Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Moon Face

Anyone who says they can't see the change in my face is a BFL.  That's right, BIG FAT LIAR.

I have been able to see it for over a week.  Its been more & more noticable lately.  And today I got my first confirmation.

I went to the chiropractor for the first time since December.  I saw her for several months after my car accident & now, probably because of Pred, my back KILLS when I lie down.  The muscles cramp and it feels like someone is compressing my spine.  So I went to get adjusted today which was AWESOME...

But back on track...

I was updating her on my condition & told her I was on Prednisone & what side effects I was having.  When I mentioned the weight in my stomach & face she said, "Yeah, I can tell."  {I wasn't offended.}

In some ways, its nice to finally have someone confirm what I already knew.

But mostly its just depressing.

I don't like to live in denial, and I'm REALLY REALLY grateful that I don't have more side effects from this drug.  I really am.  But physical changes are hard.

And we have family pictures next week.

Good thing my sister is a photoshop wizard.

2 comments:

Storaloppan said...

Haaa! I SOOOO know what you're talking about! When people would tell me that they couldn't tell, I would just look at them incredulously. I appreciated the sympathy, but I respected the honesty a hell of a lot more. Sometimes, I was wondering if I WAS crazy...was I really "seeing" myself in the mirror right because nearly everyone around me would deny it. Until I saw my little sister (she was 6 or 7 at the time) say "Jenny, you're face looks funny". Ahhhh..outta the mouths of babes comes the only true honesty :)

Lori Hurst said...

I saw you Sunday and you DID NOT HAVE A MOON FACE! What, does it come on that fast?