Sunday, June 10, 2012

All worked up for nothing

I was seriously sick to my stomach when I was driving to my doc appointment on Friday.  SICK.  I have major authority pleaser issues.  For reals.

Anywho-- My labs came back FAN-FREAKING-TASTIC.  No protein.  NONE!  I started out at over 5 grams!  And all of my other numbers, including my cholesterol, were in normal range.  So when Dr. B asked by my prednisone dose & I told her I'd gone down to 30, then 20 on my own, she was like, "Ok."

All of that worrying for nothing.

I don't think she was that surprised.  She knows I do my own research and the #1 thing I've always liked about her is that she actually appreciates that.  Most doctors are annoyed.

So she pretty much told me to keep tapering as I see fit.  She gave me 3 lab sheets & pee jugs so I can do a 24-hour urine a few times over the next few months & told me to not come back for 6 months!  Wahoo!

Next stop-- loose this freaking weight.  I hear 10mg is the magic number.  I'll be there in 5 more weeks.

4 comments:

Holly said...

YAY! This is awesome!! :)

Matt said...

This is great news!

Anonymous said...

Yay!! Happy, happy news!!

Storaloppan said...

Awesomesauce!