Wednesday, June 6, 2012

20 mg

So here's the update-- 20mg has been easy.  The only noticeable change from 30mg is that I'm not craving sugar as bad.  So that's made it easier to not eat crap.  I stopped buying all the ice cream a while back but when those cravings hit, and you find yourself digging through the baking supplies just to find some crusty old chocolate chips, you know you've gone too far. Glad to be past that.

My energy is good!  I finally bit the bullet & paid for my kids to have a day-care membership at the gym. Its RIDICULOUSLY expensive so I have refused in the past & just gone early or late.  But its summer.  In Houston.  It's SO !@#$ hot already!  Hubby is working all of the time... kids can't play outside in the afternoons... so we did it.  And it's been lovely.  Gym every day.  The kids LOVE the day-care.  Win-win. (Except for the loss in the pocketbook).

Oh & I thought I had put on a few lbs but noticed some slight swelling in my feet last weekend after wearing heels all night.  Took a diuretic Sunday morning & lost 3 lbs in under an hour.  Ok, so I know it was just water but it still felt good.  So overall, I've gained 11 lbs since starting prednisone. I've only gained 1 lb. since I dropped to 30 (then 20) mg.

I'm happy with where I am.

1 comment:

Holly said...

Yay for 20mg! I'm still on 30 but am going down to 20 in 3 weeks! VERY excited about that! :D