Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Reconfirmed- I really like my new doc

I'm back to my happy place so that's good. I wasn't able to get my hands on the Cyclo today- pharmacy has to order some. I should get it tomorrow afternoon. I've done more reading on message boards about others' experience on Cyclo. Across the board, the opinion is that it's way preferable to steroids. Most people said the side effects were negligible. Also, many said the GI problems get better after the first couple of weeks. Some had some bad reactions but I'm hoping to not relate to that group.

I got TWO calls from my neph's office today. The first was from the MA I saw who just wanted some more info on my recent labs. Then, this afternoon, Dr. R called for more info. He was just reviewing my charts and wanted to make sure he had everything. Very thorough. I was so glad he called
because I had forgotten to ask him a question yesterday.

The question was about my anxiety. It started back up again around the time I relapsed and has gotten pretty bad some days, even with as much as I've been exercising. Dr R listened to what I said & we had a good conversation about my options. We decided that I'll wait to get off the pred & see where I'm at, since steroids can contribute to anxiety. I feel good about that.

I feel like I'm in very good hands and the communication is excellent. So happy I switched. SO SO HAPPY.

Oh and P.S. - in the spot check he did yesterday, I'm spilling an estimated FOUR GRAMS of protein now. It went up a whole gram in just a week! Even on 30mg of prednisone! Crazy.

No comments: