Friday, June 14, 2013

I've been waiting for you

Zero.


Zero...


ZZEEERRRROOOOO!!!!!


Zero is just the most perfect, glorious number.  Don't you think?  Well you do if you have kidney disease & you're talkin amount of protein in the urine.

I've known I was in {at least} partial remission for over a month.  I hit that *magic number* (whatever it is) in early May.  I know this because the last diuretic pill I took was the night we flew in to California for our Disneyland trip.  I walked around for 3 days, in warm weather, eating processed food, and I didn't swell.  It was AMAZING!

After I stopped swelling, I stopped taking my Lisinopril (BP medicine).  Dr. R had only put me on that to help the Cyclosporine since I wouldn't take Prednisone with it. It's been so lovely to just be down to taking my little thyroid pill & then my cyclosporine.

And here I am, down to complete, 100% remission.  My dr. honestly didn't think I'd quite get here because all of the studies on Cyclosporine have it paired with a small dose of prednisone.  But I'm so grateful that I didn't have to stay on that pill from Hell.  And now I look forward to tapering off Cyclo, as **wonderful** as it has been.

And when I say, "look forward," I mean, "Have a sick, scared, terrified feeling in the pit of my stomach."

I'm super duper excited I'm in remission but am still going through a little bout of depression that comes with every round of labs.  Up until this point, I knew what I was fighting for.  Now everything is up in the air.  Do I keep at my current dose for a while hoping that will help me stay in remission?  Do I get off this drug ASAP? Because, lets be honest, its poisoning my body.  How long will I get to feel normal & healthy?  When will the other shoe drop?  Am I going to have to start ALL over again?

I don't know.  I don't know at all.  All I can do is pray & be grateful for where I am now.  Which I am.  Happy.  Grateful.  Blessed.

Thank you for all of your continued prayers.

2 comments:

Leonidas said...

Happy to hear the good news.
We missed your posts.
Listen to your doctor and hope that it will remain zero after you quit Cyclo.

Natalee H. said...

Yay this is such great news, but I do understand that even good news is scary. I hope you get clarity and peace about what to do next. Bah, it's so hard for me to be grateful for choices when they are hard.