Monday, January 7, 2013

Why I Blog

My heart is full this morning as I checked my comments on the last post & saw the one from Michelle in New Zealand.  I know its not everyone's choice to be an open book with illnesses or other trials in life & I honestly understand & respect that.  But, much to my mother's dismay, I've always been more than an open book.  Its just who I am.  And I've learned over the years that it can make people uncomfortable but it can also help people.  And that's why I do it.

When I got pregnant with my first baby, I told no one.  But then when I miscarried at 10 weeks & had to have a D&C, I told everyone.  Why?  Because I didn't want to be the crazy lady crying in church & no one knew why.  Because people knew what had happened, they were able to love & support me instead of question & whisper.  I also learned at that point that it allowed others who had experienced miscarriages & kept it private to talk to me because they knew I would understand.  It also helped my friends who had miscarriages after me for the same reason.  The same went for the infertility issues I had before I got pregnant with my twins. I've never regretted being so open about my health issues.  Sure, I get some weird/inconsiderate comments.  But those are easy to brush off when you know others have been helped.

I am grateful for the internet & blogging.  I love my FSGS group ladies with all of my heart.  I pray for them & think about them & I know they are concerned for me too.  I love how it connects us from all over the world. Comments like Michelle's make all of the hard stuff worth it.  So Michelle, if you read this-- THANK YOU!  And please email me so we can be friends! (saoldroyd@gmail.com)

3 comments:

Holly said...

I LOVE this post. I could have written it myself. Your reasons for writing/speaking openly about your health on your blog are exactly the same as mine.

Also, how cool that Michelle is from New Zealand! Now you have TWO Kiwi readers. :)

Michelle said...

Hi!
Just checked in after a busy January! Lots has been happening including starting Cyclosporin (ick!)
Awww Alisha your so lovely :) I have truly befitted from your openness and willingness to share your experiences with FSGS, thank you!
Will email soon :)

Stephenie Brown said...

I'M TOTALLY FREE FROM HEPATITIS B. FOR OVER YEARS LIVING WITH  IT
 I’m Stephenie Brown, i was diagnosed with Hepatitis B 3 years ago, i lived in pain with the knowledge that i wasn’t going to ever be well again i contacted so many herbal doctors about herbs to cure me and ended up spending some amount of money but i never got better i was determined to get my lifestyle back and to be able to do things am restricted from doing so one day i saw a lady’s post on how Herbalist Dr. JAMES cured her  from Hiv virus with his herbal medicine. I contacted the same Doctor through his email....drjamesherbalmix@gmail.com....we spoke, i told him all that i was going through and he told me not to worry that everything will be more better again so he prepared a herbal medicine and send it to me through DHL courier company and told me the dosage,after 13 days of completing the herbal medicine,i was totally free from Hepatitis,so I went to see a doctor for a blood test ,After taking a sample of my blood for the test the result came out negative,i just can’t deny that i’m the most happiest woman on earth this very moment ,i’m so happy and thanks to Herbalist Doctor JAMES
He also told me he cures  diseases   such as Melanoma ,Cancer,Weak Erection,Wart Remover,Hpv,Herpes,Fibromyalgia,Hiv,Hepatitis b,Liver/Kidney Inflammatory,Epilepsy,Infertility,Fibroid,Diabetes,Dercum,Copd,Back pain,Nephrotic syndrome,
 AND MORE contact him  on
Email..... DRJAMESHERBALMIX@GMAIL.COM