Monday, December 31, 2012

Goodbye 2012

I'm feeling really emotional today, the last day of 2012.  What a whirlwind of a year its been.  This time last year is when I started to put on the water weight - gaining about 16 lbs in 2 1/2 weeks.  I found out I had kidney disease in mid-January, had a biopsy January 31st, diagnosed with FSGS a few weeks later & started Prednisone March 6th.  I was in complete remission by early June, relapsed in late July, started Cyclosporine September 12th & was done with Prednisone on October 18th.  I gained 16 lbs on Prednisone & found out in November that I should not have more children.

That is why I haven't blogged.  All I've ever wanted to be in life was a mom.  Never, at any point, did I think I was done having children.  I knew the instant that I heard Max cry for the first time that I had to do it again.

I cried the day I had my appointment with Dr. A (my MFM dr) but really have felt a lot of peace since.  I've had my sad moments but I'm doing ok.

Since I found out, I have put a lot of energy into clearing out all of the baby stuff (the space feels good!) & taking control of my life & health.  I cut out sugar, I work out like a crazy person & I've lost 11 lbs & am back in my old clothes.  I found out about my new job with BYU-I right after the other news & felt the Spirit whisper that the timing was no coincidence; this is just one way my Heavenly Father is taking care of my heart.

I have big plans for 2013.  2012 brought me a lot of trials & more hard days than I ever want to have again. But it also brought me a lot of blessings.  I have a wonderful husband, 3 gorgeous, healthy, smart, loving children, I have the Gospel, I have fantastic friends, a supportive family & I have the drive to be as healthy as I can be for as long as I can be.  I am in control of my life.  Its going to be a great year.

Sayonara 2012!  Bring it on 2013!

5 comments:

Benjamin Hunsaker said...

Thanks for the update. So sorry about your news in november. When you are told you can't or shouldn't...that is never fun news to hear. We aren't having anymore either and it is nice getting rid of things and not hanging on to clothes. And that is awesome about weight loss. It is so hard. I gained lbs over the weekend just cuz I didn't work out. It will take me 2 weeks to lose those 3lbs if I can. I hate weight and it makes it more difficult with meds and another things so good job. Happy new year

Matt said...

You're going to kick it this year!

Michelle said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Michelle said...

Thanks for blogging again. I came across your blog late last year after googling whether it was normal for hair to fall out while tapering off prednisone! Your blog has not only been a really awesome source of information, its been heartning to know there are other women that are going through the same thing. I was diagnosed with primary FSGS in August last year after an initial misdiagnosis of Minimal Change Disease. Keep blogging, it gives me encouragement and hope. Best of luck to you and happy new year x

Michelle, N.Z

Stephenie Brown said...

I'M TOTALLY FREE FROM HEPATITIS B. FOR OVER YEARS LIVING WITH  IT
 I’m Stephenie Brown, i was diagnosed with Hepatitis B 3 years ago, i lived in pain with the knowledge that i wasn’t going to ever be well again i contacted so many herbal doctors about herbs to cure me and ended up spending some amount of money but i never got better i was determined to get my lifestyle back and to be able to do things am restricted from doing so one day i saw a lady’s post on how Herbalist Dr. JAMES cured her  from Hiv virus with his herbal medicine. I contacted the same Doctor through his email....drjamesherbalmix@gmail.com....we spoke, i told him all that i was going through and he told me not to worry that everything will be more better again so he prepared a herbal medicine and send it to me through DHL courier company and told me the dosage,after 13 days of completing the herbal medicine,i was totally free from Hepatitis,so I went to see a doctor for a blood test ,After taking a sample of my blood for the test the result came out negative,i just can’t deny that i’m the most happiest woman on earth this very moment ,i’m so happy and thanks to Herbalist Doctor JAMES
He also told me he cures  diseases   such as Melanoma ,Cancer,Weak Erection,Wart Remover,Hpv,Herpes,Fibromyalgia,Hiv,Hepatitis b,Liver/Kidney Inflammatory,Epilepsy,Infertility,Fibroid,Diabetes,Dercum,Copd,Back pain,Nephrotic syndrome,
 AND MORE contact him  on
Email..... DRJAMESHERBALMIX@GMAIL.COM